Pages

03 July 2009

The Joke's On Me

Just found this out. The article I posted about the removal of all children's books printed before 1985 is an urban legend. Seems it has been circulating for quite some time. Thanks to the Atlanta Writer's Club members for coming forward and informing us! Sorry about that, dear readers!

However, I'm not sorry that I posted it. I honestly believed this was real. I don't put it past Congress to pass something this ridiculous.

Happily, it was just a sick joke. That'll learn me ;)

Sorry to have wasted your time with the post! I'll double check stuff from here on out.

Happy weekend!
~Jen

2 comments:

Jody Hedlund said...

Wow! I guess that is a really great lesson for us too as we research for our books. I guess we can't take everything we read at face value anymore. It's sad, so many are seeking sensationalism.

JStantonChandler said...

So very true!
~Jennifer