Pages

19 August 2009

It's Official

Back in March, I read a little blurb at the end of an email I get from the Gooseberry Patch. It said they were accepting submissions for recipes for they're upcoming Christmas cookbook. I dug out my recipe for chocolate chip oatmeal cream pies and sent it in.


June rolled around and I received a letter. "Congratulations!" It began. I danced! They accepted my recipe! My copy came in the mail the other day. I didn't want to post anything until I had book in hand.

Yeah, yeah, I know. It's not my first novel. But it's publication. My name in lights...er...print. And it's a cute cookbook. They sent me a copy, a thank you for my contribution. And I have the pictures to prove it.




I don't know about you guys, but that just makes my day!

Bon Appetite!

Jen

15 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

Oooh, sounds like a recipe right up my alley! CONGRATS!!

Jody Hedlund said...

Congrats!! Like you said, any publication is really fun! I've had some small things published and I do the happy dance every time!

Weronika said...

Ooh, yum -- congratulations! Might you consider posting the recipe up on the blog?

T. Anne said...

How exciting for you! I love their stuff, so that makes it very cool to me.

Ratty said...

That's a great accomplishment. It can't be easy to make something good enough to get it published. Just the name of the recipe sounds like it would taste good.

JStantonChandler said...

Thanks a bunch, everybody! Oh, and Weronika, I DO plan to post the recipe on the blog :) I'll probably post it on my other one, though, so keep an eye out!

Jen

Jeannie Campbell, LMFT said...

okay...that's WAY cool! congrats!

Carol @ TheWritersPorch said...

Jen..you go girl! :)

carolynyalin said...

Celebrate the small victories! I once had a non-paying small article published. It felt good that someone liked what I wrote. Congratulations

Diane said...

Congrats! It is such a thrill to see your name printed anywhere.

JStantonChandler said...

Thanks, everyone! It's a thrill just being able to turn to a page in a "real" book and say, "O look! There's my name!" Kind of fun, if I do say so myself :)

Still doing the happy dance,
Jen

Ashley said...

How wonderful! Congrats, that is very exciting. You're recipe sounds delicious!

NCmountainwoman said...

Keep that happy dance going. Nice to have your recipe there.

Terresa said...

Super sweet congrats to you! Dance on, girl!

KM said...

Having a recipe in a cookbook is actually really cool. Congrats! Oh, and hello from another Georgia writer! ;)