Pages

17 August 2009

Kreativ Bloggers - An Award

Wow! A great bit thank you to Weronika for the nomination. I've been reading her blog for several months now and I am always amazed at the wisdom she possesses! You should definitely pop over and check it out! Tell her I said hello :) **update: I just discovered that I was nominated by another wonderful blogger for this very same award. What a Monday, huh? Thanks also to Michelle for the nomination. I've just recently discovered her wonderful blog. This is quite an honor. And a big congrats to both of them for their awards! It is a happy day indeed!

Ok. So here's the rules for my little award. I get to pass it along! Sadly, I can only give it out to seven people, and believe me, that's going to be a hard choice to make but I shall do my best.

The rules are as follows:

1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated

Seven things about myself people might find interesting. Hmmm...this could get...interesting!

1. I sing opera. Not professionally, and I've never had lessons, but I've always been a singer. My first "real" opportunity to sing opera came at a friend's wedding when they asked my oldest brother in law (who is a professional singer) and me to sing Josh Groban's The Prayer. What an amazing experience! Secretly, I believe that one day, Josh Groban will call and say he heard me sing and wants to record a duet with me.

2. I've been to six different schools since high school and do not yet have a degree! Let's just say I have very eclectic tastes. Also, life changes have put my schooling on a halt, but prospects look good that said status could change shortly. So far, I've studied English, Anthropology, History, Irish History, Graphic Design, Photography and Aromatherapy. I actually have certificates in both Photography and Aromatherapy.

3. I've been to Ireland and India. I joke that now I must travel to Iceland, Italy, Israel and Indonesia just so I can hit all the "I's".

4. I tend to get lost whenever I visit a foreign country. Seriously. I got lost in Mexico with my sister. We were separated from our parents and took a different tour bus. We ended up hitching a ride on a golf cart down to the ruins we were supposed to be touring :) I was lost in a castle in Ireland. I don't really like tours, so the idea of being alone with all that history certainly didn't bother me for one moment! Thankfully, I didn't get lost in India, but I did get lost in the Paris airport on the way back from India! Anyone want me for a traveling companion?

5. I wrote my first book at age 7. No one shall ever see it. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't exist...

6. I've known my husband for twelve years. We met in a warehouse in which I was a youth counselor for a church. It was a Halloween party. He was dressed as a trash can. We've been best friends ever since :)

7. My dream is to take a year off and see the world. My first stop would be Egypt. I've wanted to see the pyramids since I was old enough to know what they were. Here's to published books and signings in Cairo!

And now... the seven Kreative Bloggers nominated for the award are:
1. Carol at The Writer's Porch
2. Alexis at Aspiring Author
3. Ratty at Everyday Adventurer
4. Sandra at Thistle Cover Farm
5. Willow at Life at Willow Manor
6. Kristen at Write in the Way
7. Glynis at New Scribbles from Glynis Smy

There are at least a dozen or three more blogs I would LOVE to have listed. But they'll only allow me to do seven! It's the system, I tell you! ;) Have a wonderful day, all!

Happy Monday,
Jen

6 comments:

Carol @ TheWritersPorch said...

Jen...Thank you for the AWARD!
I'm honored! :)

I doubt the 7 things about me can match your interesting life!

alexisgrant said...

Hey, thanks for this! I've just got back from vacation and am way behind on blogging and reading blogs I usually read... I've gotta read your query letter! That's on my list. But for today, got a deadline to meet!

JStantonChandler said...

Carol, Alexis: You are both very welcome! I love reading your blogs! They keep me informed and entertained and always, always thinking!

And Alexis, don't worry about not being caught up with my blog. I wouldn't be reading blogs on a vacation either! I hope it was a great one!

Ratty said...

Thank you very much for the award. I really appreciate it!

You've done some very interesting things. I don't think I've done very many things that would be considered interesting, at least on purpose. I would love to get lost in a castle. That must have been a great adventure.

JStantonChandler said...

Hi Ratty!

You are most welcome for the award. I love what you do on your blog. You give us all a glimpse outside. I'm cooped up all day, so it's nice to get outside vicariously through your adventures :)

Jen

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Hi Jen, well, finally!, thank you, thank you for this award; I am grateful for your kindness toward me.
I'm posting about it tomorrow and will pass it along as well.
I enjoy your "slow" blog, this one as well but the "slow" blog really speaks to my heart. This blog is good for my mind -smile-.
I'm usually behind but catch up eventually.
God bless you!