Pages

04 September 2009

Update

Good morning (or afternoon as the case may be)!

I've been work-work-working all week. New stories, organizing old ones, and, of course, moving into our new loft. I apologize for the lack of pictures (and updates) but i have yet to have a spare moment to sit down with my trusty laptop and upload the few pictures I've taken. The loft is coming along quite nicely and I'm going to take some pictures today. This weekend is a long one and I'll definitely have time to sit down with a cup of tea (I found my tea kettle!!!), my laptop and post, post, post!

Speaking of new stories, I'm working on a collection of short stories and in the spirit of the season, they're all spooky :) Short stories are a challenge for me because I am, quite bluntly, long winded. I love words so much I hate the thought of cutting back. However, I enjoy the challenge. I have one under my belt so far and the second one is coming along. I'm hoping when I dig out my first one and finish this second one, they won't be too long to post. I'd love to post one each week during the month of October. What do you think? Or, if they are a bit long for one post, I could post a little each day. Let me know! I love getting feedback (and I certainly don't want to post anything that would bore you to tears!).

Remember that query letter? Well, it's taking flight today to my dearest writing friend who so graciously agreed to review it for me (again!). Hopefully it's improved since last time. Once this thing is done, it's off to the races! (Sorry. We live near Atlanta Motor Speedway. It's race weekend. I'm not a fan, but it does tend to sneak into your everyday conversation...)

My blog update is a bit sporadic today, sorry about that! If you're looking for a more meaty entry, pop on over to my friend Kristen's blog, Write in the Way. I hear there's some story reminiscing going on today :)

Have a great weekend and enjoy a safe, blessed and FUN Labor Day!!!

Cheers!
Jen

7 comments:

Kristen Torres-Toro said...

Hey, friend! Thanks for the shout out! Hope you have a marvelous long weekend in your new, awesome home! Love you!

Jennifer Shirk said...

Have a great weekend! You deserve the rest. :)

T. Anne said...

Have a nice weekend!

ElanaJ said...

Good luck with the rest of your unpacking--and the query letter.

Jody Hedlund said...

Sounds like you've been super busy! I can't imagine trying to write at the same time that I'm moving in and unpacking! You are devoted!! Hope you enjoy the races!

Weronika Janczuk said...

Wow, you're making great progress in every direction--the loft and the unpacking, the query, the stories. That makes me happy--it's good news, after all. :)

Keep it up and I look forward to the pictures! Good luck with the rest.

Unseen Rajasthan said...

Hey wish you a very happy weekend too !! Unseen Rajasthan