Pages

05 October 2009

Welcome Back!!

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." ~ Mark Twain
Hello my dear readers!

While it was nice to take a break from posting, it's great to be back! I've missed you all! I value the connections my blogs have brought me and more than ever I want to cultivate those relationships. Down time is necessary for the creative process, this we know. It helps us relax and refresh. Taking a step back allows our muse some well needed R & R while giving us a chance to breathe. It also refreshes our ideas and gets our creative juices flowing! I realized these past two weeks that I have more ideas than I know what to do with! That, however, is not going to prevent me from doing my darnedest to get them all out there in the great wide open! This will take some time, but with a little (LOT) of patience and a wee bit of luck, I'm certain it will come to pass.

How have you all been? Anything new and noteworthy? I hope no one was terribly affected by the flooding we had here in Georgia. Where I live, we got a bit of rain and some thunder but not much else. I had no idea until I went into work that there had been torrential and devastating floods a hour north of us. Here's hoping all you fellow Georgians are safe and dry.

I took a writing break in conjunction with my blogging sabbatical. It was much needed. I've been burnt out with working longer hours and moving, trying to get everything in "The Manor" situated and giving ourselves some semblance of home to establish in our foggy minds that yes, we DID move and yes, we ARE home! I sorted through all my writing files, folders, notebooks and napkin scribblings and have established a reasonable amount of order to it all. After a mild anxiety attack over the sheer volume of ideas, I pulled out six files that contain the beginnings of the stories I feel the most connection to. Those will be the stories I begin hammering and sawing at over the course of the next few months, seeing what works, what doesn't, and what's just begging to be born! As for the trilogy, it's had a nice rest, but I'll be shaking it awake this week. The query had been edited and now I must bite the bullet, get an agent attack strategy, and enter those darn edits into my computer. Won't THAT be an undertaking! (Just nod...if you could see these manuscripts in all their printed out glory, you'd probably commit me to an institution. At the very least you'd inform the National Arbor Day Foundation that I'm responsible for the decimation of at least 300 acres of forest!)

I've updated the look and feel to all three of my blogs and I do hope you'll hop over for a visit. You'll find their links on the side bar. I also removed the Google Ads from all of my blogs. They weren't doing much besides lending a commercial air to my blogs. NOT what I wanted! Let me know what you think! I'll be adhering to a new posting schedule, so look for more frequent posts and more pictures :)

Yes sir, dear readers, I'm certainly branching out! (see picture above; pun intended :)

Happy Monday and (oh yeah!!) Happy October!
Jen
PS: I thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for your patience and continued kindness as I dropped away from the blogsphere. Cheers! You all deserve a day off. Go on, tell 'em I said so!

10 comments:

Stephanie Faris said...

I took a four-day break from writing...I don't know if that was enough but I seem to be unable to stop for long!

Carol @ TheWritersPorch said...

WELCOME BACK! :)

Glynis said...

I unplugged but not by choice as you will see on my author blog. I hope you are settling in ok. Welcome back.

Tamika: said...

Welcome back Jen! I pray the break will lather your fingers into action. The ideas pounding in your head is confirmation that there is still much to be said.

Blessings to you...

carolynyalin said...

Welcome back.

Jeannie Campbell, LMFT said...

i'm so glad you're back, jen. :) have missed you. of course...you'll realize there have been some changes...see next paragraph!

I wanted to let you know about my blog address change. *sigh* If you're following me, my posts now won't show up in your feed, dashboard, sidebar, whatever. So please forgive me, but you'll have to change the address for my main writing blog, Where Romance Meets Therapy, to http://jeanniecampbell.blogspot.com. To do this, you have to "unfollow" me and follow me again. Sorry for the confusion!

Jeannie
The Character Therapist

Ratty said...

I'm glad you're back now. I missed your writing. I understand the need for a rest though. I've been trying to do the same thing by taking mini rests here and there. They don't always work, but they help. I like the updated look of your blogs by what I see so far.

Jody Hedlund said...

Glad you're refreshed! And I love the new look of your blog, especially your header picture! That's gorgeous!

Jen Chandler said...

Thanks everyone for your kind words! They mean so much :)

Tamika: Thanks for the encouragement! I have so many ideas running around up there I'm going to have to buy a sheep dog to keep 'em in order!

Jeannie: No trouble at all! I'll wander by and unfollow/follow soon!

Jody: The header took me a dozen pictures to get it just right! And I wrote it first on a sheet of paper that you could see through to the other papers in the journal. Argh! Thank goodness for Photoshop!

Anastasia said...

I have always loved that quote!