Pages

16 October 2009

Writing Prompt

Rewrite a scene from a classic fairy tale. Be creative, be inventive; don't be afraid to turn the tale on its head! Stumped? Ask yourself "what if?". What if Sleeping Beauty had never slept? What if Cinderella met and fell in love with another man at the ball instead of the Prince? What if Little Red Riding Hood wore yellow instead? Be Grimm (or not). Just have fun! I'll be posting mine tomorrow.

Have a wonderful weekend and keep those keyboards clacking :)
Jen

(I found this amazing image here along with an intersting post on the original Grimm's tales.)

5 comments:

Ratty said...

I did something very similar in a few of my posts from the past. I had one about Jack, from Jack and the Beanstalk. It was kind of a short sequel to the story. I also have featured a real life Alice in Wonderland. I'm very much looking forward to your story. Nature may be the focus of my blog, but stories and fiction are what I may love even more.

Tamika: said...

Jen, I absolutely love your blog! Girl you rock.

I am still working in the other homework you gave on picking the ten words from the dictionary and writing what you think the meaning is.

Another great exercise!

Happy writing...

Elspeth Antonelli said...

Thinking about fairy tales sideways is fun. I've done this several times with my mystery games. Looking forward to your story tomorrow!

Elspeth

Stephanie Faris said...

What a great idea! I'm trying to make some headway on my ms. right now but this might be fun to try.

alexisgrant said...

Visiting your blog for the first time since you gave it a make-over... Nice new look!