Pages

01 December 2009

Mr. Toast's Christmas Tea

For those of you who don't know, Mr. Toast is hosting a delightful Christmas this afternoon/evening. Check out my side bar for the link (or click HERE to pop over. Just remember to sign the RSVP if you decide to attend...)

My date and I arrived in Aspen late last night thanks to a broken down Rolls and a late flight out of Nova Scotia. Mr. Toast's wonderful driver was there, patiently awaiting our arrival, and whisked us away to the rather regal inn we reserved for that evening. We'll be staying at the lodge tonight.

Oh, who am I with? Awesome Photographer Husband is out on assignment for National Geographic and insisted that I not go alone. Who am I to argue? I asked our dear friend here if he'd accompany me and he was more than delighted:

And he even agreed to dress in full "Mr. Darcy" duds for the occasion :) What a dear! Fear not, dear friends! We are rooming separately. That's Matthew's room there. My room is every bit as elegant. In fact, I need to go see if he's ready. We were going to leave soon and join Mr. Toast for a bite of lunch before the festivities.



It seems I have misplaced my fur, faux of course, but needed nonetheless. It's quite chilly out and the snow is a sparkling wonderland just begging to be romped in. I hated to hold up dear Matthew so I send Mr. Macfadyen on ahead. My apologies, Mr. Toast, but I simply *must* find that fur! It was a gift to me from Bogart and I'll never forgive myself if I've misplaced it.

My gown is packed (as delicately as they can be) as I wish to dress once I arrive. It's much to cold to be gallivanting via sleigh in a sleeveless gown. Especially if I can't find my fur! O wait a sec...there's a wardrobe in the small, adjoining room. Strange, dusty place for a wardrobe. Why on earth would they fashion a room simply to put in one piece of furniture? Perhaps the young man who brought up our bags put it in there. I may be able to catch the next sleigh out!

Now why on earth would someone put such a gorgeous wardrobe in a room all by itself?

...To be continued...

16 comments:

...mmm... said...

Oh gosh, dear Jen, loving it. but please plase be careful of that wardrobe! Sounds silly I know. I can't wait to find out what happens.

Your rolls broke down? Well, i never! They don't make cars like they used to, do they? I 'll be sure to ad you to my promoters side bar. What a lovely write up. Do please tell us what you will be wearing so we can spot you if you do indeed come for lunch too! Mr Darcy? What a catch. the ladies will be envious!

Tamika: said...

Jen, that was delightful! Your voice rang through the writing. What a fabulous adventure unfolding. I can't wait to read more!

Tamika: said...

Jen, that was delightful! Your voice rang through the prose beautfully. What an adventure unfolding, I can't wait to read more!

Elspeth Antonelli said...

I lust after that wardrobe and a sleigh ride through sparkling snow would be magical. Looking forward to the rest of the adventure!

Elspeth

Kristen Torres-Toro said...

HAHA!!! AWESOME! Watch out for that wardrobe. I hear they can be mysterious. :0)

Alan Burnett said...

Jen. I am envious. You seem to be having such a luxurious time with that young gentleman and that fine antique wardrobe. All I seem to have is a convenience store, a filling station, a cold grey lake ... and a Swedish Lady who keeps asking for a crow (or krow, or krona or some such thing)

Lizzie said...

Jen, so glad that you are attending Mr. Toast's Tea here in Aspen. I'm looking forward to meeting you and your handsome date.

I'm off to meet other guests, but I will return! :)

Annie said...

If Mr. Darcy were my date, I would quite lose my head TOO.

You said...

You'd best find that fur. I'd hate for you to miss tea. And do be careful with the wardrobe, my dear.

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

A great start to the adventure! Mr. Darcy and a Rolls? You know how to live well. :)

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Betsy said...

Bogart gave you a fur? Oh, I am so jealous! Handsome date you have there, too! I look forward to seeing you at the tea~

...mmm... said...

Now, Jenn did you grab your coat yet? Do tell. I mentioned you on my latest update.

Terresa said...

Fun read. I'm intrigued!!

Helen Ginger said...

I know, I know, I know, I say, jumping up and down with my hand raised. To enter the other realm when animals come to life and evil lurks. And there's a lion and a witch. Wait a minute, wrong wardrobe. I don't remember Mr. Darcy in that other story. Your story sounds much more interesting...

Helen
Straight From Hel

Jen Chandler said...

Thank you all, dear friends, for your concern! I have survived another adventure! Read all about it in the follow up post :)

So glad you all enjoyed my little romp through the imagination.

Jen

Ratty said...

I came in a little late, but I'm highly anticipating the next part now. I'm lucky to be able to read it as soon as I'm done writing this comment.