I love receiving awards (who doesn't?), I just don't normally have the time to re post!! Which, by the way, I hate :( *cue sad violin music here. Hey...Is that Joshua Bell I see?*
Today, however, work is slow (geez, I hope I didn't just curse the last four hours...) and I just discovered that I was awarded this!
A big huge THANK YOU to Tiana Lei over at Spilled Ink for this bright award. I like to think my arms look like that when I grasp my pen. *cue laughing here*. If you haven't discovered her yet, you should! So go on over and take a peek. Do it! Pay no attention to the peer pressure heaped upon your head in dump truck loads.
It seems I'm supposed to post Ten Honest Things about me. Well, here goes!
1. My all time favorite movies are the original Star Wars trilogy. You know, the ones with Harrison Ford in them? The REAL Star Wars. Yeah. Those.
2. I love cheese. Seriously. If I could live off of cheese alone, I would.
3. My ancestors on my dad's side were from Nottingham England.
4. If I went to Hogwarts I'd be in Slytherin.
5. I have a crush on Dave Matthews
6. When I was four years old I could recite the poem "Little Orphan Annie" in its entirety
7. I read the dictionary for fun
8. I have this incurable desire to live in a steampunk world.
9. I would love to get licensed to pilot hot air balloons
10. I am 99.9% certain I am related to Edgar Allan Poe
That was fun! And now for the dolling out of the Honest Scrap Award (if you already have it, then this will just go to show you you're quite the honest bloggy blogger :)
1. Kristen at Write in the Way (because she needs some happies in her new home :)
2. Baino at Baino's Banter (because I do so love a person who can tell it like it is and entertain)
3. Angela at Parisienne Farmgirl (because I am not ashamed to say I agree with her most recent post)
4. Terresa at The Chocolate Chip Waffle (because her views on life, birth, and death are more real than anything I've come across in a loooooong time)
5. Ann at Holy Experience (because I have yet to come across a blog that rips my heart out, opens it up and forces me to take a good, long, hard look at it's contents like this one does)
6. Sarah at The Teastained Page (because I have never in my LIFE met a more gifted young author. If you haven't met her yet, run over right now! But only if you want to get lost in dreams.)
In lieu of my normal Thursday post, I wanted to post this little scrap of honesty. Today I have read about life, about death, about love and loss, about birth and about politics. I've laughed, I've cried, I've cheered. Somewhere in all of this, something very profound hit me right smack between the eyes. My dear readers YOU are all the most honest people I know! I constantly find myself surrounded by people who are so afraid to live, to make mistakes, to be human. And I am constantly delighted at finding another God fearing, Jesus loving, word worshiping, straight talking, chocolate and wine loving individual in this great wide blog sphere. I thank you all, from the bottom of my heart, for being honest. For being real. Mistakes and all. I love you all the better for those. And thanks for accepting me, scars and bruised knees, ink stained fingers and broken toes.
(I got a little link happy with this post, didn't I?)