Pages

22 January 2010

Breathing Exercises



Sometimes I just get this feeling that Amazing passed by.

A feeling of other world and parchment flavored skies.
A feeling that if I look around, my eyes closed tight,


I'll see wings of burnished copper and lavender covered roofs.
A land of perpetual sunset under the light of three small moons.


Where words are plucked from branches,
scribbled on leaves of coffee stained fibers.



Pen-quilled porcupines offer their services
in exchange for belly rubs and blue green marshmallow wands.


I breathe and it evaporates, this feeling of unseen bliss.


I smile and adjust my shoulders.


The phone rings, as I reach,
I wonder softly at the ink beneath my nails.



Enjoy your weekend, dear readers. May your days be filled with rest, dreaming, and ink stained hands.


Jen

13 comments:

Karen Walker said...

ooooooh, I just breathed a sigh of relief. Thanks, Jen.
Karen

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

So nice to be taken away by that. I think you live a rich life in your imagination. It's a great place to visit.

Elana Johnson said...

Excellent post. :)

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Beautiful! :-)

Mary Aalgaard said...

Like painting pictures with clouds and the colors of the sky, I'd like to pluck words from branches, too.

Happy weekend, to you!

Inspiration in Italy said...

This is beautiful, I love your blog and so glad you found me. I'm now following and definitely plan to be back! ;)

Baci from Italy xx
Rachel

Terresa said...

Lovely trip through another land. Your imagery is amazing.

deb said...

Jen.
This was incredible.
I loved loved it . Thank you for your words.

koralee said...

Love this today...thanks..I do intend to have a quiet relaxing weekend. xo

valmnz said...

My weekend is all but over, but these lovely words will carry me into my new week. Thank you.

Sandi Delia said...

Jen,

A true delight. I feel like I just unwrapped a present to find out it was exactly what I wanted but didn't know it. Simply beautiful.

Kittie Howard said...

"I smile and adjust my shoulders"...I loooove this line. Thanks, Jen.

Glynis said...

What a peaceful post, thank you.