1) Throw a royal pity party
2) Get mad, REALLY mad. Pouting and flouncing are encouraged
3) Get ready for work anyway and curse the Weather Channel while you shower
4) Pray all the way to work that you stumble across a freak snow drift and simply MUST turn back!
5) Shuffle into work, turn on your space heater, and sigh as the "snow" drips from the roof
6) Brew some tea, breathe deep, and thank GOD it's Friday
Ok, so it did "snow" last night. Frozen, wet, white stuff fell from the sky for a few moments and we bundled up and danced about on the concrete for a while. Alas, this morning dawned and no ice on the road (not that I wished for traffic accidents and little old ladies tumbling into the gutters as they checked their mail) and it was all business as usual. There wasn't even enough ice in the drive to keep from feeling guilty about a little white lie (pun intended). Ah well...there's always March...or Oregon. Yeah, I'm really feeling the urge to move to Oregon today. Usually it's to England but today, it's Oregon.
Happy Friday to one and all! I hope your weekends are wonderful, bright, and as cheerful as you can make them, snow or no.
PS: These steps also work for rejection letters and mass amounts of rewrites