Pages

12 February 2010

A Little Dreaming on a Snow Threatened Day

picture found here


Old soul, you were born to wander, switchback cobbles and fairy rings. Sweater born of silk worm spinning's around you, boots of glossy floral and plaid, you creep out front door into the wild. "Wild nights are my glory," a favorite from childhood proclaims between crinkle stained pages and you heartily agree. With the wind whipping your hair, your lips into a grin, you crunch your way between leaves. Down falls, shaken from slumbering clouds. The moon sheen on ice branches reflects your appetite for shining; your fingers gather talismans dripped from elves: smooth stones, holly leaves, quartz.


On you trudge, pushing past the thorn berry bushes, to the center of the wood of heart and home. There you are reborn, no longer confined to judgements, your spirit is free to roam on it's own, unencumbered by the vise of technology, dress code, standard procedure. For here procedure is one of the heart, of what you can see with your mind's eye. Here you are safe, for the moment, and can be. Ontology: the study of the nature of being. Ontological: your mindset: you know you are. Think, therefore I am. Here you aren't afraid to be.


"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
~ Howard Thurman


Allow yourselves to BE this weekend.

Journey on,
Jen

15 comments:

Shannon O'Donnell said...

This is my new favorite of your posts - beautiful! I love the way you write, Jen. :-)

Brian Miller said...

wonderful post...we can get so caught up in what we are DOing we can forget who we are BEing...

faerwillow said...

~thank you for the enchanting journey...can i go back and stay for awhile? brightest blessings and to BE...aaahhh...sounds quite nice~

Carol@ Writers Porch/ Book House said...

This is awesome Jen!You do have a way with words! XOXO

Blondie said...

Great post honey as usual. I like the new look. Thanks for the comments on my Valentine's Day post. Hope you have a fantastic weekend! Kori xoxo

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

beautiful..as always, jen

sending you love on this Valentines weekend

kary
xxx

Jennifer Shirk said...

Beautiful and inspiring. :)

Kittie Howard said...

"...past the thorn berry bushes." Yes, this is perfect. Actually, I've never read or heard a better description of how to navigate life. Sooo much in so few words, a sign of beautiful writing. Well done, Jen!

Kristen Torres-Toro said...

It's snowing here! WOOHOOO!!!!

Sarah In Wonderland said...

One day, when blogs are ancient custom only written about in dusty history books, some lonely fanciful little girl is going to dig your words up out of the cobwebs and cry at the beauty and hope they exude. ♥

deb said...

Oh, Jen.
This was just incredible.

Have a deliciously blessed weekend, snow or no.

Terresa said...

I. Love. That. Quote. (and I'm stealing it right off! You'll probably see it on my blog in the coming weeks/months!)

Thank you again, for your insights, musings, and dreams. They inspire.

Tabitha Bird said...

Gosh I Love that quote! I so believe that and i try to live my life like that!

Mary Aalgaard said...

I used that quote in my intro blog. Very true. Come alive. Be. Dream. Live. Thank you, beautiful writer.

Ratty said...

This was very beautifully written. It gave me so many pleasant images in my mind while I was reading.