Pages

03 March 2010

Colby



Someone, not to long ago, requested a picture of my cat. My 22 pound cat (he's put on a few pounds since I wrote up my profile, but he's on a diet so I'll keep the 22 pounds as a prophetic utterance). I can't remember who asked for it. For that, I am sorry! I took some pictures of him last week and wanted to share them. So here's a totally writing-unrelated post devoted to Colby, my extremely rare, long tailed, miniature polar bear (ahem...ragdoll cat).

Here's to laying in the sun and napping,
Jen

PS: Unfortunately, the quote is too small to see in the picture. It reads: "Happiness is a butterfly which, when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you." ~ Nathaniel Hawthorne

12 comments:

Jon said...

That's my lazy boy...

Kittie Howard said...

Jen, think I'm the one who requested more of Colby. And thank you, thank you for blogging about this adorable hulk! Colby reminded me of a cat we had when I was a kid. Cozy was definitely cozy, a bundle of soft meows and purrrrs. After Colby slims a bit (doesn't look like he really needs to), why not get him a pair of Speedos with little mice??

Brian Miller said...

love that quote...cute cat, mine loves to lay in the sun...and on my boys beds...

Jen Chandler said...

Kittie, now I remember it WAS you!! Sorry I forgot until now :) I'll have to post a picture of me holding him so you can get a real feel for how huge he really is!

Brian,
Colby sleeps on our bed. He stays at our feet until about 3 in the morning when he thinks it's time for me to get up...

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Your cat is so beautiful! Cats make such great pets. My kiddos would be lost without our two darling fur balls. :-)

Jen Chandler said...

Shannon,
if you had my cat, there would be more fur balls than you could count! I have never seen so many little puffs of fur in my life! Sometimes, we question Colby's gender; it's almost as if he's having kittens :)

Mary Aalgaard said...

Great quote. Could we have a whole day to acting like a cat and napping in the sun? I wanna.

Catherine said...

Such a cute kitty! One big lovely ball of fluff! My big boy used to weigh 30 lbs! Now he is a 'svelt' 18 lbs.

I love me the big kitties! :)

Kristi said...

What a precious cat! So snuggly looking and peaceful.

You have a little goodie on my blog today!

Tamika: said...

Why can't all cats be this adorable and fluffy?!

Lin said...

Colby is adorable!! I'm glad you posted his photo so I could finally see him. Be careful though--you may start a Colby Craze like I've got going on over on my blog with Hobbes. Sheesh, those darn cats start to take over!

Jen Chandler said...

Lin:
Colby and Hobbes should get together and take their show on the road!