Pages

03 March 2010

It's a Blog Parade!!!

Ok, so I didn't have enough to do. I don't have that many blogs that I love to read every day. I seriously love biting off more than I can chew.

I signed up for a blog parade!!!! I found out about it in a rather round about way. Sandra over at Thistle Cove Farm pointed me to Abigail at Rear Window and *poof* I found myself swept along in all the excitement!

If you're interested in joining (or just finding a bucket load of blogs to peruse in your leisure), hop on over. I posted a link on the right side of my blog. It's the bright, happy button that says "Blog Parade" above it (you can't miss it...really). If you want to participate, all you have to do is sign up and answer 14 questions that let us get to know you better. Yep. That's it! I know...I'm crazy. Must be the lack of life in my life getting to me...

And now, on with the questions:

1) What is your favorite time of day and why?
This actually depends on the day. If it's a week day, I love evenings because I'm at home and can work on projects that mean something to me, spend time with my husband, and relax. If it's the weekend, I love mornings. I get to get up slowly, brew some fresh ground coffee, cook and eat a real breakfast, and enjoy lazing into my day.

2) If health wasn't an issue, what food could you live off of?
I sort of answered this in my award post earlier today. It would be cheese. Any kind but Blue. Bleck. I could seriously live on cheese alone!

3) If you could have one wish granted (besides wishing for more wishes), what would it be?
That my creative pursuits would lead to success so that I could make a living doing what I love, inspire others to do the same, and spend my free time traveling the world to feed the hungry and teach them to sustain themselves by farming.

4) What's the one thing you get teased about a lot?
My over active imagination and incurable optimism. (whoops, that's two!)

5) If you could choose one movie, book, or TV show to spend your life in, which would you pick? What type of character would you be?
Hmmm, this would depend on mood. I think it would be the Harry Potter series. I would have been a main character, sorted into Slytherin, friends Malfoy AND Potter, played Keeper in Quidditch, excelled in Herbology, Potions and Care of Magical Creatures, and my subplot woudl have intwined around Malfoy's and Potter's because later we find out I'm really Voldemort's daughter. Before you freak out over the detail of this, I must confess I write fanfiction :) This kind of thinking is normal in that world. You should try it ;)

6) If you could have one talent that you don't already have, what would it be?
Bo Staff skills

7) If money were no object, where would you go on vacation?
A different country every other month. This month: Tahiti!

8) If you were an awesome singer, which genre would you sing?
Opera and Celtic folk music ala Loreena McKennitt and Kate Rusby.

9) If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, what would it be?
***HA! I just noticed I skipped this one when I originally posted it****
Barnes and Noble. There really isn't anything else to say about this. Oooh, or Title Nine. Ah dang it...

10) If you could live in any point in time, when would it be?
In an alternate Neo-Victorian/Steampunk England. I would have been the daughter of a mad scientist and a botanist and would have captained an air pirate dirigible.

11) If every outfit in your wardrobe had to be one color, what would it be?
A different, but beautiful and unexpected, shade of grey.

12) If you were one of the seven dwarfs, which one would you be? (Doc, Grumpy, Sneezy, Sleepy, Bashful, Happy, or Dopey)
Sneezy. I live in the South.

13) What's the last album you listened to?
Jack Johnson, On and On

14) What's something we'd be surprised to know about you?
I have never been deemed certifiably crazy.

The blog parade goes on through Monday, 8th of March. Do on, you know you want to march too ;)
Jen

Disclaimer: I did NOT have too much caffeine or sugar before this post...

10 comments:

Mary Aalgaard said...

Is #10 a story outline? Great. I can totally understand the over-active-imagination part. Bravo. Carry on!

Anissa said...

I am so with you on cheese! I'll have to go check out the parade. Sounds fun!

willow said...

Hee. I like your dwarf.

Jen said...

Yay for a blog parade!!! I'll have to check it out!

Michelle Gregory said...

what fun! i played along. a great way to put off working on my WIP.

Tamika: said...

That was fun! Can I be Sleepy?!

Jen Chandler said...

Mary: #10 could be a story outline...hmmmm, I'll add that to the story que building in my brain!

Sandra said...

Loved getting to know you a little better via the Blog Party! It's fun and giving me a focus on something other than clutter and housework. Gee, life is short...are folks going to remember me for clutter and, lack of, housework.
I sure hope not!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

I could definitely live on cheese - especially feta! Yum! I loved reading your answers. Thanks for playing. :-)

Anastasia said...

I linked up! And I mentioned you in my blog cause I want more people to know about you.

Hope your day is better!

http://sweetbutterbliss.blogspot.com/2010/03/its-parade.html