Pages

01 March 2010

It's good to be back.


Good morning blog world! Can I say, I missed you? Honestly, I did. But (also honestly) the break was needed more than I knew. I considered taking another week off, but withdrawals would have kicked in about Tuesday.

Thank you ALL for your kind words and thoughts during my brief hiatus. And welcome to my new followers! I was pleased to see a couple of new faces when I signed on this morning. Always a pleasure to meet new friends.

It amazes me how little time we take off and yet how much rest we really need. I'm not able to take a week off work, but the simple act of removing one commitment from my schedule for a week did wonders. I was able to focus on some other things that have needed attention. I have a clearer direction for life and I even started a new book. Yes, a new book. And this one even came with a title!!! Trust me when I say THAT is a miracle in and of itself.

It's hard to take time for ourselves, but I encourage each of you to do that. Even if you can't leave work and home responsibilities, even if you can't leave blogging for a week, find some scrap of time that you can claim as yours. You don't have to do anything during this time. You can lay on the floor and stare at the ceiling. Or you can read, write a poem, pull weeds, turn on the radio and dance wildly about your living room. WHAT doesn't matter. The fact that you seized a snippet of time for yourself DOES.

I have stories to share but I'll spare you from having to read them all in one post. So, throughout this week I'll be posting a little off schedule. Shake things up a bit, you know? We all need to rock the boat now and then. Consider this my minuscule contribution to doing just that :)

I will go ahead and let you know that my next post (which will follow closely on the heels of this one) is a book promo for an author I met in one of my many ramblings through the blog sphere. Her name is Fiona Robyn and you can find her at Planting Words. Fiona asked a number of followers to participate in what she's calling a "blog splash" to help promote her new book. Since I'm a huge fan of authors (big grin), and I know how hard it is to see one through to the end, I gladly agreed to lend a hand. So, prepared to be splashed shortly :)

Marvelous Monday. So good to be back!
Cheers,
Jen

12 comments:

Wendy @ All in a Day's Thought said...

So glad you got the rest you needed. Am thinking about stepping back for a week myself.

Good to have you back though.
~ Wendy

Brian Miller said...

very cool. glad to see you back and sounds like you had a great time away. exciting about the new book. look forward to hearing your stories...

Karen Walker said...

Welcome back, Jen. Glad you got what you needed from your break. We all need to tune in to ourselves in that way and take care of ourselves. I'll be attempting a "day of indulgence" once a week. We'll see how that goes...
Karen

roxy said...

It's great to see you back! I'm so glad you had a wonderful break.

Amanda Cooper said...

Welcome back!

I'm glad you were able to get some things done and rest during your absence.

This post is a good reminder to take a break from things sometimes. Thanks!

P.S. I love lying on the floor and staring at the ceiling. : )

Jody Hedlund said...

Welcome back! Glad you are refreshed! Seems like quite a few people are taking blog hiatus's this time of year! But I think it's good to do from time to time!

Tamika: said...

Glad you're back and well rested! I missed the ease of your words.

Kristen Torres-Toro said...

Glad you're back, friend!

Lin said...

Ah, time and how it eludes us. I recently quit Entrecard to claim some of my time and I'm glad I did. How wonderful to read at will and actually enjoy blogging again with no obligations. :) It's funny how just and hour or two can make huge changes!

Lin said...

Oh! I forgot to tell you how absolutely lovely this photo is!!

Jen Chandler said...

*waving*
Oh how I missed all my bloggy friends :) Thanks so much for making my days brighter! Happy Monday to you all!

Jen

Mary Aalgaard said...

Here's what I said to myself when I saw that "Woolgatherings" was highlighted in my Reader box, "Ah, she's back. Yes."

Glad you had a good rest.