Pages

17 May 2010

A Bit of Monday Randomness

A great big THANK YOU to all you wonderful people and your fabulous comments on my little poem. Really, your kind words do more than you could possibly know :)

***
Jon and I were walking through Target last night and heard a mom teaching her kid a song. Precious, right? I'll let you decide. Their song of choice? "I like big butts and I cannot lie!"

***
We bought a harness for our cat so we can take him out on walks. He wants to go out so badly and feel wild. The harness was for medium sized dogs. It was too small. O_0

***
I've started a new story, dears. It's beyond bizarre but I'm enjoying tripping through uncharted seas. I'll keep you posted and may even post a wee bit of a teaser now and then...maybe *wink, wink*

***
We have a dryer now! Which means our clothes will smell clean, be wrinkle free, have no more globs of cat hair on them AND we don't have to tromp up and down the stairs carrying arm loads of wet clothes to the upstairs office to hang up to dry. Heat rises, right? It was the best place to hang them.

***
I have reason to believe I'm allergic to metro Atlanta. Perhaps I'm allergic to the south all together. I had no breathing problems while in California, Ireland or India. Hmm....

How was YOUR weekend?

14 comments:

Erin Kuhns said...

I love that you had to buy a dog harness for your cat!!! LMAO! I can SO relate. I had a 22-pound cat named Fester for years. When my son was born, he was 8 lbs, 6 oz. Needless to say, I had a cat that was bigger than my child for a few months!!!

Brian Miller said...

that is a huge cat...
it was a very nice poem...
yeah, might want to work on song choice dad...
cant wait to hear about the new story...

Karen Walker said...

Really? Your cat is that big a small dog harness didn't fit. Do post a pic.
Weekend was lovely. A young friend had a bat mitzvah, a coming of age ceremony when a girl turns 13. Folkdancing that night. Watched old movies Sunday. I'm so relaxed today.
Karen

Lin said...

Well, at least that mom was giving her kid some attention. Most nowadays have their attention on their cell phones while their kids beg for attention. As for the song, I can remember my little cousin singing "Like a Virgin" from hearing it on the radio. Sigh.

Helen Ginger said...

Loved the cat harness story.

My weekend was hectic. Spent Saturday trying to move stuff from storage room to a little house we built on our property. Still have a ton to move before end of month. Sunday went to a special authors event, then headed to San Antonio for conference.

Helen
Straight From Hel

Tabitha Bird said...

LOL about that song! I can think of better ones to teach a child. Though the more people out there who like big butts the better I say :))

Kristen Torres-Toro said...

Look at you and your new blog design! Love it! Love you!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Ha ha ha ha ha! I LOVE your cat comment! That is too funny, Jen. :-)

Carla Gade said...

Fun catching up, Jen! Congrats on the dryer - what a blessing, yes, I know.

My weekend? Too much sleep, a few migraines, watched a lot of Bonanza reruns, nothing too exciting.

Tiana Smith said...

Now I want to see a picture of your cat :) And kudos to getting a new dryer! Since we live in apartments, I have to share washer and dryers with the other people there. It's a bummer when they leave oily stuff there. One day I will own my own :) And I'm excited to read snippets of your new story!

Glynis said...

Lol, your cat sounds bigger than one of our dogs.
I am fortunate enough not to need a dryer, here in Cyprus. I do see why you needed one!

Tidied up my craft room this weekend. It needed it.

Kittie Howard said...

That kid song is a sad commentary on so much! Laughed out lout when I read about your cat's harness. Hey, what about a pic?? (I'm a cat person who loves this stuff.) Jen, your post moves, it flows, it's got life. I don't think you're allergic to Atlanta. Just that, maybe, your Travelin' Shoes somehow hopped onto your feet. At least, that's what happens to me.

Mary Aalgaard said...

Fun, weird stuff. Can't wait to hear more about the new story. I was on an inward/outward journey with a friend. I'll post about it at the end of the week...teaser...a bra is involved.

Anastasia said...

Yay for dryers and no cat hair on clothes. cept the normal amount cause its inevitable when you have one. ;)