Pages

13 May 2010

Words

Words tipple tumble from my inkstained hands
and I watch them skip and scatter as they fly

Off page to atmosphere they twinkle
building worlds of adjectives
and little paper houses with inkstained flues

They stipple and they stopple
staining all within their wake
consonants and vowels plinking plonking over waves

Surges of emotion
a parade of little things
waxing so poetic

Epic weavings rolling by
telling stories, trudging onward
keeping flashlights lit all night

15 comments:

Karen Walker said...

Ooh, Jen, I just love this so much.
Karen

Helen Ginger said...

Beautiful. Sounds like writing when things are going perfectly.

Helen
Straight From Hel

Brian Miller said...

and that is the joy of good storytelling...nicely done.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

So beautiful. It is so nice to immerse myself in the beauty of your words and thoughts once again. I missed the peaceful waves of them. :-)

Elana Johnson said...

I love the word "stopple." You had me. Nice!

Mary Aalgaard said...

I love how the bouncy, flowy words "jump off the page"!

Betsy said...

Just lovely...I wish I could write like this!

Jon said...

Love it! Especially the last line. :)

Tabitha Bird said...

Oh Jen. That was beautiful. Honestly. I just loved it :)

Rachel {Inspiration in Italy} said...

I love this, you are so talented!

xoxo
Rachel

deb said...

Love this , Jen.
keeping flashlights lit all night,
oh I remember those days .

Jody Hedlund said...

I'm sorry I haven't been able to visit you as much lately, Jen! But I like your new blog look. Hope all is going well lately!

Kittie Howard said...

Words tipple tumble from my inkstained hands
and I watch them skip and scatter as they fly

Magnificent! You captured the imagination in a writer's heart. It doesn't get any better than this, Jen. Well-done!

faerwillow said...

~you had me with your first line...this was a lovely poem written...warm wishes and brightest blessings~

Anastasia said...

I love it!