Pages

07 June 2010

Challenge


Another post, and on a Monday at that. Have I gone crazy? I won't answer that. Not just yet.

First, let me explain.

Back in April I did a 30 Days of Yoga challenge. Marianne Elliott over at zenpeacekeeper hosted it. I could tell you that I walked away from it healthier and more at peace with myself, my goals and my life. That would, of course, be a lie. My fault entirely, not hers! However, I did give it a good try and walked away with some wisdom and a better understanding at what is going on in my life at the present.

I wander over to Marianne's from time to time and upon my Friday wandering, I discovered something very intriguing: 21*5*800

Hmm, mused I. Curiosity got the better of me and I blog hopped over to Bindu Wiles' blog and found THIS:

For 21 days we'll be doing 5 days of yoga a week
and 800 words of writing per day.

At first blush I thought, "Nope. Not me. Not again." Then I continued to read. I pondered. I pontificated. I even procrastinated.

I signed up.

So...

For the next 21 days, I'll be doing 5 days of yoga. It's something I enjoy and need to put back in my life anyway. For the next 21 days I'll be writing 800 words a day (at least). That's over 16,000 words. Not too shabby for a gal who's been writing maybe, you know, 10 words a day.

And yes, you knew it was coming, and you were right. What do YOU think, my dear bloggy friends? Are you up for it? A lot of people hate yoga, and that's perfectly ok. She has a suggestion for that, too. Savasana: corpse pose. In other words, you can lie down and it's called yoga :). There's more to it than that, but I figured it was worth putting it that way to get you to take a peak. Sneaky, tricksy I am.

Now you know where the nifty new badge on my sidebar came from.
Now you know why I may be a bit more introspective over the next 21 days.
Now you know why I may spit out more writing (read: more blog posts).
And now you know that yes, I am, in fact, crazy.

Happy Monday!
Jen

15 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

Well, I hope the Yoga/writing challenge is a success for you this year!

I'm not really a yoga person. But lying down I can handle! LOL

Rachel {Inspiration in Italy} said...

Good luck, I admire you for taking on the challenge!

xoxo
Rachel

Brian Miller said...

nice. best of luck on that journey...look forward to reading it...

maggie's garden said...

No...you're not crazy...just wonderfully talented and ready for a challenge. Hope you have some fun with it. The yoga part might bring on stories of pretzels and other knots I suppose. It should be interesting...the corpse pose sounds like a scary story...but that could be fun too! Looking forward to some interesting reading...

Kittie Howard said...

Fabulous challenge! Good luck!! I'd accept a challenge like this except hub and I 'are leaving on an airplane' next Tuesday.

Left a shout-out for you on my blog today.

Jen Chandler said...

Jennifer: see! I told you there was a yoga pose for everyone :)

Thanks, Rachel. I'm hoping this one turns out better than the last one!

Thanks, Brian. I'm looking forward to writing about it!

Maggie's Garden (whose name I ALWAYS forget!!!!), I'm hoping the pretzels won't be too painful. We'll see if corpse pose inspires any scary stories. Hmmm, actually, I'm getting inspired by that right now! Thanks!!

Mary Aalgaard said...

Hey, Crazy girl, it seems you ARE always up for a challenge. Write on! Yoga on? Whatever motivates you and gives you peace. I'm back at the coffee shops - got up at 7am, left my four sons sleeping, and "went to work". It was great.

Tabitha Bird said...

Yoga and writing. Could there be a better combination.:)

于呈均名 said...

找一個懂妳的人也期許自己做一個人懂別人的人..................................................

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Wow, that's quite a challenge. Good for you and good luck!

Jayne said...

Hello! Came here by way of Kittie Howard's blog. :)

I am very impressed by the idea of combining yoga with writing. I am going to sign up for 3 months of Bikram soon (I do Bikram yoga every so often, been doing it for 2 years altogether) and am looking forward to it / dreading it, as I am so un-fit at the moment that I know it will be very hard, yet I am looking forward to getting that structure into my life again. Good luck with your challenge!

Erin Kuhns said...

Wow, Jen, that's awesome that you're doing that!!! I'm very impressed. I'll be cheering you on from way up north. (I may even do some yoga this week...)

deb said...

okay,
reading backwards, a snippet of the above post hints at a rethinking. I was going to wish you luck of course.

Kristen Torres-Toro said...

Ha! I love the corpse pose!

Good for you, Friend! You can do it!

prashant said...

I'm not really a yoga person. But lying down I can handle!
Contextual Ad Network India