Pages

22 June 2010

Hello! My name is Jen and I'm Chronic

Hi guys! A big hello to my new followers! *waves* I'm constantly amazed by the wonderful people I meet through this fabulous journey of blogging. You guys are all spectacular and I consider you all friends.

Unfortunately, I haven't been that great of a friend lately and for that I do apologize. I have missed reading and commenting and catching up on your lives. I've been battling some interesting health issues lately that make concentration and typing a bit of a chore.
Yesterday, I got to put a name to a face so to speak. The doctors and staff at the center I went to pretty much confirmed what I'd suspected. It was nice, though, to have a professional opinion.

I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

Not really a shocker, at least not for me. Now that I know what it is, I am better able to fight it. The treatment options they offer are a bit financially steep, so I'll be battling this on my own. They did, however, recommend a book (their exact words: "even if you do nothing else, read this book!"). It was written by the medical director of their facility and it is fabulous. I'm making my way through it slowly simply because I keep stopping to exclaim (out loud), "YES! That's exactly how I feel!!". The doctor/author offers nutritional and supplemental guidelines and dosages and I know enough people in the natural/herbal health industry to get hooked up with the right stuff. It's a long process to get back to "normal" and some of it will be life long. Yippee!

I say all of this to let you know I'll be taking a bit of a blogging break. I don't want to, but the brain fog that's a part of this has severely limited my ability to put together a coherent blog post in quite some time, not to mention it keeps me distracted and unable to truly digest your marvelous posts and comment accordingly.

If it was up to me, I'd quit work, rest and recuperate and keep on blogging, spending my wee bit of energy on the things I love. But that's just not possible at this time. Sadly, blogging is one of the things I'm having to put on hold. Again, I don't want to. I love it and I miss it terribly when I'm away. But I don't like putting up half hearted posts and half hearted comments even less than I dislike having to press pause on this wonderful part of life. That's not fair to you, dear readers.

For now, I'll say goodbye for a couple of weeks. After July 05 for certain. Don't forget about me, dear bloggy friends! Thank you all for your understanding in this. Here's hoping I'm back to my "old" self again soon (or should I say, new self?).

Cheers and best wishes,
Jen

(If you like, you're more than welcome to shoot me an email! I'm still stuck in front of the computer at work and I get emails all day long. I'd love to hear from you - jstantonchandler (at) gmail (dot) com. :)

22 comments:

deb said...

health is everything.
take care of yourself Jen.

I can imagine how relieved you are to have a diagnosis, and as you anticipate how some changes will make this manageable , your priorities must line up .

Brian Miller said...

i am glad that you know the face of your illness so that you can do what you can...hope you enjoy the break and rest up...see you soon!

Amanda Cooper said...

Take good care of yourself, Jen! You'll be in my prayers.

- Amanda

willow said...

Sorry to hear about the CFS. Hope you're feeling better soon, Jen!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

It sounds like a break is the best thing for you right now. We will NOT forget about you - not even possible - and will be right where you left us when you return. Be well. :-)

coffeelvnmom said...

Hope you get lots of rest!

HUGS

Tiana Smith said...

I really hope you feel better! Good luck with everything, and don't feel guilty about taking a break. We all need one, and you have an actual reason that people will understand. :) Thinking of you.

Mary Aalgaard said...

Would never forget about you, we're kindred spirits. My sis-in-law suffers from the same thing. I'm also unplugging for a bit to spend time w/family. We'll reconnect soon. Rest well.

maggie's garden said...

Hope you can get this under control soon. Do take care dear one...
wishing you light and love
xa

Cynthia@RunningWithLetters said...

Always good to know what you're fighting. I am glad you have some answers.

I added you to my blogroll, so no worries about me forgetting you--you'll pop right up to the top of my list when you return :)

Kristi said...

Definitely take care of yourself!

Hope you feel better...we'll all be here when you get back! :-)

Karen Walker said...

Dear Jen,
So sorry to hear about your chronic fatigue. I know how debilitating that can be. Glad you are going to take some time to take care of you. You will NOT be forgotten. We'll be here when you get back.
Blessings,
Karen

Michelle Gregory said...

take care.

Carla Gade said...

Jen, I have CFS and Fibromyalgia, too. It saps so much out of me, my forever struggle is to not let it rob my joy. I'll be praying for you and look forward to your return after your hiatus. May you be refreshed!

Lin said...

Oh yuck! I hope this is something you can conquer. I know what you mean about not being able to read or comment--life is sooo busy this summer. Don't you notice that everyone is taking breaks??

Take your break, get well soon, and don't worry--we'll be here when you are up to partying again!! Until then.....enjoy and relax, pally.

Jennifer said...

I didn't know you were on Blogger. :)
Hope you are able to get through that, I'm sure feeling such harsh fatigue all the time is probably super rough.

wardhouse said...

Its amazing the relief, once the name of the problem is found! Speeding 'healing'; not that you are ever rid of CFS.
*hugs*

Rachel {Inspiration in Italy} said...

We will never forget about you, will be waiting here for your return! I'm sorry to hear of your health issues and completely understand why you will need a break. As it is, work sucks out every last drop of energy usually let alone adding a terrible contributor to low energy, I can't even imagine how hard that must be! You take care of yourself!!

xxxx
Rachel

Glynis said...

Take care of yourself and ensure you take plenty of rest.

See you later!

rosedale's 4head said...

i second deb. rest yourself, but keep a tad busy too doing the things you. sometimes, that's the best remedy for anything (remember the yellow wallpaper) i know...different time, different situation, but try to keep doing a little bit of the things you most enjoy - that's a fight!!!

favorite line: "I keep stopping to exclaim (out loud), 'YES! That's exactly how I feel!!'"

take care and all the best!!

rosedale's 4head said...

doing the things you love!

farris said...

feel better love!!