Pages

07 June 2010

Monday

I am not a fan of Mondays. I know Monday fans. Yes, they do exist. They are those coveted souls who do what they love for a living. I imagine loving Mondays. I imagine being excited about a new week, a clean slate to work on new projects and create. For now, it's a dream. Until then, I'll look to my cat for much needed wisdom. He sits on his magic carpet and imparts it daily:

Usually it's just a heart breaking cross between a "meow" and a "purr" that we like to call the "purreow". Loosely translated it means:

"Human, I am not concerned with your questions about life, the universe and everything. Of course I have the answers. All cats do. However, now I require noms! Feed me."
Ah cats, what would we do without them?

I hope you had a wonderful weekend, loves! Tell me, do YOU look forward to Mondays? If so, why? If not...what would it take for you to love them? For me, it would be the knowledge that I was waking to a full day of creative writing, crafting, cleaning, gardening, errand running and life living. Come on now, don't be shy!

Cheers ~Jen

3 comments:

Brian Miller said...

being as i dont get a traditional weekend these days, monday had become another day...this is good and bad..i dont dread it...though i like your cats philosophy...smiles.

The English Writer said...

I have to say, after a tough weekend with the kids, I am kind of happy to see Monday!!

Neoprimal22 said...

I have a love-hate relationship with Mondays. I love the work I do, but I am also terrified of it.

As you read in my last blog entry (thank you for the read and the add!) I'm my own worst critic and starting off my week brings me back to all that judgment I stave off during the weekend.

Mondays = sigh.