Pages

06 July 2010

I left my heart by the sea

Good morning!

I hope all my American friends had a fabulous Fourth of July and my Canadian friends enjoyed their Canada Day! If there were any more holidays that happened during my little hiatus, I hope you all partied hard and partied safe.

So, here's what went down since I last wrote:

I feel a lot better, a lot more like myself. I spent three days at the beach, and it's true what they say about salt water: it cures everything. I had two bouts with extreme exhaustion, but they were from swimming and walking so I'm not going to complain. Besides, a nap during the middle of the day is a very good thing indeed when you can hear the waves from the open window.

I read two AMAZING books which I shall review in the near future: Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card and Adam by Ted Dekker. Ooooh, I shudder just thinking about that last one. Brilliant!

Lots of thoughts and wonderings got sifted through. Good things, decisions that needed to be made, that sort of thing.

Writing hasn't really been happening, but I'm not worried. I know it will come back in time. I did sign up for WriteOnCon which will be held HERE on August 10. Even if I don't write a single word between now and then, I'm super excited to participate and learn from all the amazingly talented writers who have so graciously donated their time and wisdom.

I'm really just taking it easy in the extra curricular activities at the moment. This past weekend I did more then I've done in weeks and it felt good to be active again. I missed blogging and it feels good to be posting again. I can't make any promises at the moment ( I know, bad "social networking", bad!) but as of now I plan to change my posting schedule to Mondays and Fridays. That will give me some room to work with. And it will give me lots more time to catch up with all you lovely people!

Have a fabulous Tuesday and I'll type at you soon!
Cheers,
Jen

9 comments:

Karen Walker said...

Oh, Jen, it's so nice to hear from you again and it's especially good to hear you are feeling better - more like yourself. I changed my blogging schedule to 3 times a week and it's made a huge difference for me. Hope changing to 2 times a week works for you. It should. It's much less pressure.
Blessings,
karen

Mary Aalgaard said...

Glad you had a lovely and restful time by the sea. I was on the west coast last week visiting my sister. I'm back in the midwest where it is hot, but I'm doing well. Will work on my script more towards the end of the week/end.

Shine on! (my word verif is heata)

Brian Miller said...

hey there! great to hear from you today...the beach is just the thing...and sounds like you read two good ones...read enders before but have not gotten to Adam yet...enjoyed most of Dekkers other books...hope you have a great day and hear from you again soon!

Lin said...

This summer has been really hard to blog for me too. Time is escaping me and if I have time for a post, I don't have time to visit and vice versa. I'm doing what I can and I just hope folks don't forget me.

Glad to hear that you are feeling better! Nothing like some time away to heal you. Glad you are back!

Amanda Cooper said...

Hi, Jen!

I'm so glad you're back and feeling better! Don't push yourself too hard, though. Just keep focusing on taking good care of yourself.

This sentence had me picturing you in a Jane Austen or Louisa May Alcott book: "I spent three days at the beach, and it's true what they say about salt water: it cures everything." I can see you in my mind (even though I don't know what you look like - it's great having an imagination), laying on the beach and watching the waves.

Jennifer Shirk said...

Glad you're feeling better. I really love napping on the beach. I almost always am lulled to sleep when I'm there.

deb said...

you had me at naps.

glad you are feeling better, learning how to navigate this thing.

淑賴ul貞俊李trt賢 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
tony said...

Is It The Salt In The Water? whatever.......I Agree, The Sea Is The Best Medicine.