Pages

07 September 2010

Labor Day Weekend & Hong Kong

I suppose I should preface this post by saying I did NOT spend the weekend in Hong Kong. Fabulous as that sounds, I was local, in Decatur, for the annual book festival. Yes. I am a nerd and a proud nerd at that.

Decatur is a map dot in the metro Atlanta area filled to overflowing with creative venues, pubs, independent book shops and cafes. We got to sit in on some panels which discussed publishing and promotion as well as creative world building in fantasy. This particular panel had a FABULOUS line up of authors. One of whom wrote this:

I discovered Jessica Verday's first book The Hollow last year, quite by happy accident. It's a new twist on one of my favorite stories, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. The Haunted is the second book in her Hollow Trilogy

My darling husband bought the new book for me, stood in line with me for at least a half an hour and I ended up with an autograph and a snazzy photo with a truly fabulous, talented and SUPER sweet author:

Behold!
A little fuzzy, but it was on a camera phone. BIG thanks to Jessica for travelling down to Georgia and being super nice and patient with the long lines of adoring fans :)

As for Hong Kong, I've decided to spend this week there. I've got some researching to do, fellow vagabonds, which is what I'll be spending my evening doing. I'll sum up my travels and we'll venture there together starting tomorrow. And who knows...there might be a recipe or three awaiting us!

Here's to book festivals, Chinese food, and three day weekend! Oh, and short work weeks. *grin*

Cheers!
Jen

5 comments:

roxy said...

Lovely post, Jen. I think I should read that series. I've always been fascinated with the whole Sleepy Hollow legend. Have a wonderful time in the Orient!

Brian Miller said...

nice. i like the story so i might just check this book out...sounds intriguing...looking forward to the orient...some of my favorite food...

Mary Aalgaard said...

Looking forward to more delicious posts!

Jennifer said...

Oooh Hong Kong? I'm excited!
Decatur isn't my favorite place in the world because of how it isn't always the safest place, but I bet that was still fun!

ali said...

That book cover is stunning. And yay for sweet hubbies!