Pages

21 October 2010

All in All...

...I'm doing okay. I haven't been able to do any cooking, due to health and time restraints. Thankfully, my fabulous husband has been doing all the cooking. Tibetan, however, has not been on the menu. Seems I just can't get him to cook up any yak burgers or butter tea. Ah well.

That being said, I'm hoping to be back to posting next week. The plan was to trek through Tibet, Nepal and Bhutan during October. Alas, that isn't going to happen. However (and this is a BIG however), there is the possibility that I can do some summarizing of the three countries cuisines next week. Seeing as it's the last week in October, it's my last big hurrah to get to India by November. And I KNOW we can cook up some Indian food (because even if I'm still down and out, my husband cooks some MEAN chicken curry!).

I just wanted to post a quick update so you'll know where this little blog stands. I miss it, I miss you guys. I'm trying to research a new book idea that I'm tackling for NaNo next month at work and that, combined with work obligations, compounded by CFS/Adrenal Stress Disorder, isn't lending me much time for the more enjoyable pursuits of blog browsing :)

But I am working on a new manuscript.
And I AM going to continue this long trek across the continents.

Perhaps I bite off more than I can chew, but the truth of the matter is, I'm not happy if I don't have several burners lit at once. I just can't function as a productive member of creative society sitting at a desk all day, staring into cyberspace oblivion whilst deleting 500 names from a database, listening to people tell me I should tell those they wish to speak to to get off the other line and talk to them instead because they're just as important. That last part is true. Word for word. CA-RAZY.

So, in case your wondering, the blog project, the new manuscript, the health and work issues aren't all that's brewing in the aether. It's become a balancing act, however, and the things that just aren't as important are winning the battle.

But they won't win this war.

Take care, dear bloggers. We shall meet again soon.

12 comments:

Mary Aalgaard said...

Keep taking care of yourself and pursuing all the ideas that come into your head. Cudos to for attempting NaNoWriMo. That's even more daunting that Scriptfrenzy!

The Golden Eagle said...

Good luck on NaNoWriMo! Wow. You have a lot going on!

Brian Miller said...

hope you continue to feel better....looking forward to some indian food...yum...and best of luck on the manuscript

Jon said...

You want butter tea? I'll make you some butter tea! In fact, I'll call the Queen of Butter herself to make it for you! Now where did I put Paula Deen's number? ;)

Kristi said...

Feel better soon! Thinking of you!

Erin Kuhns said...

Your Canadian non-blogging blogger pal is always here! Just get better and do what you have to do. :)

Ishta Mercurio said...

Yup, I'm a several-burners-at-once person, too. And it's okay! Yay, us!

Good luck with the NaNo manuscript, and I hope you're feeling better soon!

Tiana Smith said...

You sound stressed :( But seriously, take care of yourself first!

Sandra said...

Tempus Fugit and Carpe Diem - it's a delicate balancing act.

Ishta Mercurio said...

Momos - AWESOME! I want one! I want a momo.

(I just loved typing that.)

Lin said...

You've always got something going on here, Jen. Take care so that you can keep us abreast of what your next adventure is!

foldingfields said...

Exciting that you have all that wip planning for November! Indian is my favourite!! Looking forward to it.
and, yeah, take care of you.