Pages

14 October 2010

It's a Conspiracy I Tell Ya!


(photo found here)

They're everywhere! They found me in China, hounded my steps, haunted my dreams. I thought I'd left them behind but noooo-they're in Tibet too!

What on earth am I blabbering about?

Dumplings.

No joke. They're here.

Ok, so they aren't called dumplings. They have a better name. A name that kind of makes me snort when I say it. In Tibet, the little meat or veg stuffed dough balls are called...

momos

Yep. Momos. I love it. And I'm going to make some. Soon.

There's more recipes out there for Tibetan food than I thought! Momos, noodle and potato soup, fried bread, sauces, desserts.

Oh. And guess what else I found?

A recipe for butter tea.


(photo found here)

I doubt it will be made with yak butter (there's a shortage of yak this time of year in Georgia) but I'll make due with what I have. I'll let you know how it tastes. If it went down or if it gets sprayed all over the kitchen.

There's a noodle soup called Then Thuck that is made with hand pulled noodles. Sounds fun (and perhaps video worthy?).

I hope your week is going well, dear reader. Mine's been a bit...eh...well...we'll leave it at that. I promise I won't spend weeks making dumplings. I mean momos :). Just one post. Then I'm on to other dishes.

You know.

Like butter tea.

*grin*


(photo found here)

13 comments:

Janet Johnson said...

I love the name Momo's! Much more fun than dumplings . . . but dumpling is still a fun word, too (I don't want to hurt it's feelings). :)

Kristi said...

I love your dumpling posts! And you new sidebar with updates on what you're eating, drinking, and doing! FUN!

deb said...

you're funny
and ambitious

Talli Roland said...

I love dumplings! You've made me hungry now!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Oh, yummy!! I wish they were stalking me, Jen! Oh, great - now I'm craving them. :-)

The Golden Eagle said...

I love "momos", AKA dumplings. :D They're so tasty.

Brian Miller said...

can you set up a video camera just in case you spray it all over the kitchen? smiles.

Meredith said...

Ooh, I love dumplings! But I have to admit, the idea of butter tea is weirding me out... Have fun!

Lin said...

I love dumplings--no matter what the name! Bring on the momos!

Jennifer said...

I want that t-shirt! And those "dumplings" actually seem pretty awesome! I need to start bookmarking your stuff so I can make some of it someday. ;)

Cynthia@RunningWithLetters said...

I love the new format here, Jen. And I love dumplings, too. Even my son, who once cried at a church dinner when dumplings were served, now loves them....but we've never heard them called momos before...thanks for then fun fact :)

Tiana Smith said...

Those words are just so much fun! Sometimes I think America is boring ... :)

Sandra said...

Dumplings by any name tastes just as good, ya know?!