Pages

01 November 2010

aaaaand WE'RE OFF!

Aspiring novelists the world over are beginning their journey to writerdom over the next 30 days. Yes, kids, NaNoWriMo started TODAY! Technically, it started at midnight, but I wasn't about to start typing then. I had to get to work, but I'll be putting in the hours at random intervals during the next month. There's still time to sign up if you're interested: NaNoWriMo.org

Expect updates on my own NaNo experience, more writing related posts, and a rant or three!

We're also off to India this month. Apparently, the extreme altitude and climate of Tibet and Nepal didn't sit well with me (read: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome flare ups) but not to worry! I'm feeling better and I'm determined to take us through India. Even if I have to crawl.

However, I did want to share a few links that I discovered about those marvelous little Himalayan countries that we only touched on. I found several very informative sites while researching. Nepal in particular holds a special interest for me and I'm a bit bummed I wasn't able to pursue it's cuisine. These links will allow you to do so in your own time (and I'll be visiting them as time, health and budget allows).

Enjoy!

TIBET
Simply Tibetan
Yowangdu.com
The Infamous Butter Tea Recipe

NEPAL
Food-Nepal
SAARC Tourism
Nepal Home Page (Recipes)

BHUTAN
Asian Recipes (Bhutan) **Beware the annoying pop-ups!
Washington Post coverage of the Smithsonian Folk Festival of 2008 which featured Bhutanese Cuisine
A Brief Intro to Bhutanese Cuisine

Stay tuned for NaNo Madness, India (which is definitely madness) and that blasted butter tea which keeps mischeviously avoiding me. What I need is an accountability partner. How about....YOU! I will go home this afternoon and make butter tea to the best of my American supermarket ability. What do you say? Are you still curious> Have I driven this one so far into the ground you're thinking, "Gosh shut UP about the butter tea already!!"?

Can you tell it's Monday?

6 comments:

Brian Miller said...

haha. look forward to hearing about the butter tea...so do you have a word goal per day?

Susan R. Mills said...

I didn't officially sign up for NaNo, but I am starting a new project today. I hope to hit 50,000 words this month, but we'll see... Good luck to you!

Quinn said...

Just stopping by to let you know I gave you an award on my blog.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Ha ha. Feel better and enjoy your travels. Oh, and good luck with NaNo, of course! :-)

Melissa said...

YAY for India. Can't wait for the trip. Also, good luck on NaNo!!

Sandra said...

I've made nan and it's pretty tasty.
Thanks for the reminder about the novel writing, had forgotten it's that time again. I'm not going to write a novel but it's interesting reading about those who are writing a novel.
-smile-