Pages

07 December 2010

ugh...guh...blah...

Not feeling too well today, folks. And work has me slammed addressing envelopes and filing a forest of papers. Riveting, I know.

Anywho, I had a smidge of time this morning (and about as much energy) and I wanted to give you guys a little teaser of what I've found whilst roaming around the Interwebs in search of Middle Eastern noms.

Like this:


Jumbals

and THIS:


Maamoul

and, cue the Hallelujah Chorus, THIS:


BAKLAVA

(small disclaimer: yes, I know the above link is to a Balkan recipe for Baklava, but this site had the prettiest photo. so there.)

Enjoy the photo-link love, my dears. Hopefully I'll be feeling better tomorrow and I'll be able to post an actual recipe. I'm REALLY hoping I'll be able to MAKE one of these delicious treats for Christmas. Maybe all three? Who knows.

Cheers!

10 comments:

Meredith said...

I'm so in love with Baklava!!! I hope you get to make it :)

Jennifer Shirk said...

Feel better! You don't want to be sick for the holidays.
Baklava is one of my all-time FAVORITES.

Colene Murphy said...

Yum! Thank you!
Hope you feel better soon!

The Golden Eagle said...

I hope you feel better!

Oh, those look delicious. :)

Brian Miller said...

mmm...i am hungry....love some good baklava

ali said...

Sorry you're not feeling well. ((hugs)) Get better soon!

And ...

Yummmmmmmmmmm..............

Rayna M. Iyer said...

Yummy.

And if you do make any of them for Christmas, do think of me when you are having them.

Mary Aalgaard said...

Transport that baklava to my mouth - now! It's one of my favorite foods. Congrats on all that writing in Nov. You rock!!!!!!

Kittie Howard said...

Ahhh, fond memories. Lived on this stuff for two years in the Middle East (burp). Pics made me drool!

How have I missed so many of your posts? Are you pinging, Jen?

Monu Teena said...

Delicious.. just love Maamoul ~ i have made some too :) do visit my place when time permits Maamoul ~ date cookies that's a recipe by my mom :)
happy blogging do give me feedback!